RE: starter

To: "'J Sylvester'" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: starter
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:32:37 +1030
Hi Jim.
My guess is that the starter is tired and may have iffy brushes.
The solenoid is easily tested by applying power to the terminal.
It should clunk in and out as the power is applied and released.
It may have dirty/worn contacts but I still think the starter needs new
brushes.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.