RE: Electrical Gremlin - 67 2000

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: Electrical Gremlin - 67 2000
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:22:59 -0400
For years I had an odd electrical problem with my 69 1600 that sounds
similar to this one. The car would just shut off, engine, started, all
accessories, lights - except the 'B' switch would still light up. It could
happen at any time but was infrequent. Once it happend while driving down a
dark country lane. My buddy thought I was screwing with him. To fix it I
would jiggle the mass of connections that are right under the brake master
cylinder - one of them had a loose wire that would cause this. At one point
I finally figured out which connector it was and redid it and didn't have
the problem after that. I don't remember which connector it was - I think it
had three wires going to it (maybe four), somewhere to start checking maybe?

Best regards,
Mitch Planck
'69 1600
'70 1600
'04 Prius (what a difference in technology!)
Chelsea, MI