Re: front cross-member

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front cross-member
From: James Ross <jross@corporatemontage.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:01:34 +0800
Hi Leigh,
The roadster has the same cross member as the 310,311 and 312 bluebird
(till about ~63). They made to many and had to think of a car that they
could be used on... the fairlady was born ;) On the bluebird the
crossmember is unboltable. I think the unused mounts are where it bolts
to the bluebird chassis rails.
Check out Alan Bent's definitive (awesome) early datsun site:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/blue1.html

There are actually quite a few parts that can be used on the roadster
(esp sp310's) from the cute little cars. They have a nice white steering
wheel embelm that is the same size as sp310's.

Unfortuantly the brakes (drum) etc are smaller on the bluebird so cannot
be used on the fairlady.

Regards,
James