Re: dash cap guestion

To: SPYDER62@aol.com
Subject: Re: dash cap guestion
From: JeffVH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:50:42 EDT
I installed a cap in '69 2000 a couple weeks ago, here's the re"cap" :

I read other people installed theirs without adhesive so thats what I tried.
-With the dash in place, and without doing anything to the cracks in the
dash.. I thought they might show through but they don't

-took off the ww, throttle, & light knobs, & the odo and light rheostat knobs
off
-took off the black plastic housing around the ignition switch/behind the
steering wheel
- loosened (but did not remove) the 4 bolts holding the steering column, this
provides crucial temporary clearance for the cap install right below the
tachometer.

The cap was tight and kind of a struggle to get over the 4 tonneau snaps on
the top of the dash..but getting the cap over them alowed the cap to be pivoted
down over the rest.

I put 5 or 6 small, half inch screws along the bottom edge of the cap
then put everything together

Jeff
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-12920.html