RE: Dim headlight

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: Dim headlight
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:29:06 -0700
Greg,

Where is your negative meter wire attached when you are measuring the
voltage applied to the headlamp?

Are you using the engine or other body point that is directly connected to
the negative terminal of the battery, or are you using the headlamp
connector end of the ground wire connected to the headlight?

If that ground wire is not making good contact to the body you could easily
see what your volt meter is telling you because the rest of the voltage may
be lost in a poor ground connection between the headlamp ground wire and
wherever it attaches to the body.

Make sure the negative meter wire is connected to a solid ground like the
negative battery post, engine block, or a good body ground.  That way you
will be able to see which side of the headlight has your problem.  If the
ground wire is not properly grounded you could actually measure voltage on
the ground wire at the headlight connector.  That is not a good thing.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.acmehomesales.com/datsun