'nother update on the "R"

Subject: 'nother update on the "R"
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:30:37 -0400
Well, didn't get it finished in time for Mid-Ohio Sprint Vintage Grand Prix -
long ways from it...

The VGP was a blast as usual ( we drove the Z) and you'll all be happy to know
that ZROC took the honors of having the highest number of cars in attendance
for a club!  We lined em up by year for the lunchtime parade laps, with a '65
Roadster up front, and all the way to the current Z - took up half the track -
great sight to see.

I have gotten quite a bit done on the "R", some of which I've added to the
website.  Front flares are done, driver's floor and trans tunnel is complete,
remainder of the sound deadening material stripped using dry ice, along with
some fiddly things like an alternative e-brake lever and adjuster.  There's
also a page on a new "roadster" in the family....

Some other stuff that's not on the site yet:

both door shells, hood, and deck lid are painted on the backside, and ready
for color on the front except for the final wet sand, and some of the trim has
been epoxy primed.

I started in on the tail end - epoxy primer, filler, surfacer, sand, repeat.
The trim frame for the fuel cell opening in the trunk is welded in.   Also
have the dash wiring harness made, and the fusebox and power
distribution/relay panel pinouts are mapped out along with the rest of the
diagram, but I'll save those pics for when I add the wiring harness page.

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/