RE: "Hybrid Cars" - warning: rant - and new Datsun URL

To: "Dan Neff" <neffster189@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: "Hybrid Cars" - warning: rant - and new Datsun URL
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:16:58 -0700
When I picked up my third 2L and towed it a thousand miles to home a couple
of years ago I swore I would keep it original.

Since then I have found it was not so original to start with.  A little
lower, and around a 4:30 rear-end (= fun) so far.

Since then I have repaired the rust under the front fender mounts ahead of
the doors -- Using nicely flared fenders I purchased on eBay, installed
Miata seats, moved and installed a power antenna on the rear fender because
the antenna hole was  already filled in on the new fenders, and am now
considering a complete new center console that will accept a standard 183 mm
wide radio (using some of the techniques Mark Sedlak has shown us).  I am
installing the amplifier in the original speaker box, and have 6x9 speakers
installed behind the seats.  Once I get the custom embroidered interior
panels installed it will proudly proclaim itself to be a FAIRLADY, Datsun
2000 on the wall between the trunk and interior.

This is MY Datsun 2000, and I love driving it at every opportunity.

Last night I received notice that my new domain name, datsun2000.com has
been installed on the hosting server.  I have moved everything from my
anything else of interest to all for my LINKS page.  If enough people send
me pix of their cars I would like to add an owners gallery too.  The old
addresses still work, but I will be forwarding them to the new page soon.
If you have my pages bookmarked, please change your bookmarks.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com