Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:
From: <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:20:30 -0700
Hello all, I would like to start by saying that I appreciate all the input
that you have given.  I was told by someone in uor group that on Thursday or
Friday night an officer told someone in our group that they "better not F%$#
around in my town because I am going to be watching you"  I really need to
find out what exactly was said and to whom and on what date.  This is very
important, so if someone has details please share them with me.  Below is the
mission statement that the Mt Shasta police department puts out to the
public:

MISSION STATEMENT "The purpose of the Mt.Shasta Police Department, simply
stated, is to provide for the public safety of the residents and visitors of
the city of Mt. Shasta . This goal is achieved through proactive and reactive
law enforcement. Proactive law enforcement is satisfied through the education
of it's citizens coupled with active law enforcement to prevent criminal
activity. Reactive law enforcement is satisfied by the immediate professional
investigation and arrest of those responsible for committing crimes coupled
with their delivery to the judicial system. The department acknowledges
successful realization of this goal is directly related to the amount of
respect and assistance provided by the community we serve. ".

I spoke with the Chief of Police this week and he was very receptive to my
concerns.  He said he was making an Official investigation into the matter.
It would really go a long way to help our cause if you could, and I emphasize
this, e-mail the dept there and express your individual perspective and your
dissatisfaction regarding the treatment we received.  The email address is:
mspd@ci.mt-shasta.ca.us  or take a few minutes of your time and make a phone
call.  The number is: 530-926-7540 and ask to speak to William Pierucini.  I
really feel this is going to help us go a long way in our future relations
with the Law Enforcement there at Mt. Shasta city.  Please also send me a copy
of any e-mails that you send up there or let me know if you happen to call the
Police Chief.
Thanks,
Gerardo Magana