Re: OT: drafting distance, redefined

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: OT: drafting distance, redefined
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
I can't resist commenting.  Thirty-some years ago when
I was in college and commuting 40 miles each way every
day, I was "between" cars and drove my brother's 100
cc Yamaha cycle with a road/dirt gear.  In the high
(road) gear the pop corn 2 cycle would do 45 mph flat
out.  Once I hit the Interstate portion of my trip, I
would attach to the first 18 wheeler I could get, and
immediately increase to about 60 mph. (as close as I
could get).  Eventually, I'd lose the draft, and have
to start over, but I did cut my commute time down
substantially.  Can't remember if I wore a helmet or
not.  I was an invincible and imortal 20 year old
after all.  This was during the Vietnam War, so I
guess I figured the highway or the rice paddys,
whatever...

Mike SC

--- "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>

http://messenger.yahoo.com