Re: Front Caliper rebuild question

To: "Steve Jones" <727gs@db3broadband.com>, <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front Caliper rebuild question
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:45:25 -0500
This is normal.  In the center of the piston is a spring with a gripper that
holds onto the pin.  The spring retracts the piston very slightly when the
brakes are released.  This is to keep the pads from rubbing on the rotor.  As
the pads wear the spring will compress fully and force the gripper to move
slightly on the pin maintaining the pull-back action throughout the life of
the pads.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000