RE: Early windshield tension rod

To: "'Pete Peters'" <ppeters914@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Early windshield tension rod
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 13:37:45 +0930
 Hi Pete,
My guess is that the rod provides a method of keeping the frame and rubber
seal from wriggling off the top edge of the glass screen.
Not too difficult to re-produce if you are handy with a hammer:)
There are flats pressed at each end for the mounting screws.
Length of flats = 11/16" (or 17mm)
Width of flats = 11/32" (or 8mm)
Diameter of hole in flats = 3/16" (or 5mm), these are countersunk
Distance between holes 1'3 5/8" (398mm)
O'all Length = 1'4" (or 407mm)
Diameter = 3/16" (or 5mm)
It should be chrome plated.
If Santa Clause brings me a Digital Camera I'd be very happy!!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510
1972 PL510
1973 HS30
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide
South Australia.

"My '66 is missing the windshield tension rod. I want to get one if only for
cosmetic/accuracy reasons, but how critical is this piece to structural
integrity? Is this part readily available?"

---