Re: R16's need love, too: SWAG not WAG

To: Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: R16's need love, too: SWAG not WAG
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:26:52 -0400
Keith,
I belive the correct acronym would be SWAG in your case, because the
extensive experience you already have with jetting our cars is based on a
lot
of scientific fact!!

I will endeavor to do what I said I would do and carry out the full
power/look at plugs/
see what needles I have test that we talked about, which will give you a
good
data point for a high compression big valve stroker motor with 240Z carbs.
The
240Z carbs are same size as U20s, just different float bowls, as far as I
can tell, so
what works on mine will work for other similar engines, most likely.

Thanks very much for the help to the list, the dyno testing was very
entertaining also.
It would be interesting to compare G-force tests, if any folks out there
have one.
(do they really work?)   I know a lot of our cars are kind of slow by many
modern standards,
but they sure do FEEL fast.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: Keith0alan@aol.com
>To: Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
>Subject: Re: R16's need love, too.
>Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:43:24 EDT
>
>Yes, I know they do. Since I've got a 66 with an R-16 to play with I used
>it
>to sort out the ADQ needle that works pretty well with the fairly stock
>engine. If there is interest I can put together a loaner kit of needles for
>the
>folks that have more radical R-16s and H-20s with R-16 carbs. Basically
>I'll
>take a WAG at what looks good and use all of you as guinea pigs, to the
>benefit
>  of all.
>
>keith williams
>
>In a message dated 10/13/2004 11:32:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov writes:
>
>Yaaaa!!   Don't make me build another 1600 turbo  motor........

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.