Re: (OT) Maxima computer chip key

To: <JOver4X4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: (OT) Maxima computer chip key
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:13:03 -0700
John,
I got this from nissanhelp.com, it's for Infiniti but as you know the I35
and Maxima are very similar...
<http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Common/reprogram_key_fob.htm>
Reprogram Key Fob

QX4, 1997-2004 Q45, I30, I35,1999-2002 G20, FX, G35, M45

To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow the
steps.

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six
times within 10 seconds.
    (The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
    Note:
    Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.

3.  Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to
"AAC" position
     At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID
codes are erase.

4.  Push any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning
lamp will then flash)

             If there is only one remote controller skip  step 5.

                 5. Additional  ID code entry
                 Release the door lock, then lock again with door
lock/unlock switch
                 (In power window main switch)

6.   Remove key from ignition

7.   Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door.
(END)

Note:

-If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers,
repeat the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new
remote controller.

-Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more
will be ignore.

I haven't tried it but I have used other tips from the site with success on
my '01 Pathfinder. Good luck. Let me know how you like the Maxima, I've been
looking at the 00-02s as well but I have heard the SE ride is harsh
(whatever that means compared to a roadster) and the wind noise is very loud
in the back sets.
Todd