Re: roadster sighting

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: roadster sighting
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:36:55 -0600
> Greg Burrows

> On Sunday I saw the end of the Ohio SCCA run-offs on Speed Channel.  My
> ex-wife called me and said "I think I just saw a Roadster racing on T.V." so I
> turned it on... pretty cool.  I remember several of you commenting on how the
> Datsuns had done.  It looked like the mighty U20 made a pass on the last lap
> for 3rd place, but I was not sure.  It was very very cool to see the cars
> running and to hear the announcer say "Datsun Roadster...".  Thanks for the
> thrill my fellow Roadster faithful.

Greg,

That was Bill Wessel (didn't Bill used to be on this list?) and the car is a
1600, not a 2000! Bill drove a heck of a race to 3rd place, as did Mark
Dennis to put his 510 in 1st. If Jeff Winter, 1st in class in a 510 a couple
of years ago, hadn't been put out by a somewhat (IMHO, then again I do admit
to certain prejudice <grin>) bonehead move by a VW driver about three laps
from the finish it might well have been an all DATSUN (not Nissan) podium!!
But the actual result was pretty cool.

I'll be recording the race straight into my editing work station so I can
cut out the commercials. Depending on the run time of the finished program I
may combine it with another and put it on DVD. Now, before I get inundated
with "Can I have a copy?" messages, yes, but I'll post when I get it done.
The editing is a snap, but it'll be my first real DVD project and I want it
to look good.

I've got some new software to learn, a new book on DVD design and authoring
to read and write a review on (I'll write the later), plus we're going to
DFW to get our grandkids for the weekend on Friday. Finally, before I can
even think about the DVD I have to edit and mix a CD of our oldest
grandson's Holiday (can't say Christmas these days, can we?) Band Concert I
recorded last night.

Other than that I don't have much else to do, although we do plan to take
the kids karting on Saturday, weather permitting. The boys (11 and 12) drive
their own, but the girls (7 and 9) get to ride with grandma and grandpa. We
did this a few weeks ago with the older three and Carissa decided to ride
with grandma. Elayne said she screeched the whole time! Then she promptly
went back out with grandma two more times.

Hope everyone has as enjoyable a holiday season as we will have.

Take care, be careful,
Ron