RE: Discount Tire & warping rotors

To: pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: RE: Discount Tire & warping rotors
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:32:04 -0500
I have been useing Anti-Sieze on wheel studs, and many, many other things
for years with
no problems.  Note that if you do use it though, the nut will go on farther
for the same amount
of torque.  This could be bad in some applications.

It is also great to smear on the back of drum brake hubs, so they do not
weld rust themselves to
the axle.

For roadster aluminum hubs, it works for this purpose, and you can smear
some on the rest of
the outside, and rub it in with a rag, and you have a nice shiny aluminum
drum again...called around
these parts "Carolina Chrome"   high heat resistance also!

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
>To: Datsun-Roadsters List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>,   Ronnie Day
><ronnie_day@acd.org>
>Subject: Discount Tire & warping rotors
>Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:06:23 -0600
>
>Interesting you bring up Discount Tire!
>
>I have been getting my tires there for the last 10 or so years. About a
>month ago I went in to have the balance checked and the tires rotated on my
>3/4 ton van. They tell me that 3 of the 5 studs on the left rear are
>damaged, and they can't get the nuts off without breaking the studs. I tell
>them that the last time the wheel was off, they did it. Without any
>question they hand me a business card for a shop in town that will take
>care of replacing the studs, no charge. Discount Tire picked up the bill.
>Interesting thing is that when the shop took the wheel off all 5 studs were
>damaged, not just the 3 that were bad when I took the car to Discount Tire!
>
>Anyone have any idea if anti-seize is good to use on wheel studs/nuts? I
>don't see any reason it shouldn't work.
>
>Peace,
>Pat

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!