Re: Replacement Ball joints

To: "Bill Cole" <datrock@centurytel.net>,
Subject: Re: Replacement Ball joints
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:26:55 -0600
Hey Bill,
     I think they are working on getting some aftermarket replacements made
to specs rather than the repaired versions.    I'm kinda torn on the whole
issue.  I was driving a '68 2000 with lower ball joints that had about 1/4
inch of play in them, so it was just a matter of time before they failed.
(this was back in the Stone Age when I didn't know any better... new ball
joints on that car now but the car isn't drivable yet)  Currently it seems
that the lower ball joints are made from "Unaffordium", but you really have
no choice if you want to be safe.   I know I'd be happy with some
aftermarket replacements if they were as good or better than the
originals...

Eric