Vintage Racing

To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Racing
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:55:33 -0500
Even though my yard is covered in snow it is time to decide what vintage
events we want to go to. I would like to suggest one that covers all of
your needs whether it is racing, rally, show or spectator. The Pittsburgh
Vintage Grand Prix Association Festival of Speed. Kicking off Friday July
8th with a rally and ending July 17th with vintage racing at Schenley Park.
In between we have lots of vintage racing, car shows, black tie dinners,
cruise nights and the like.
   Most of you have heard of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix held in
Schenley Park for the past 22 years. And you have heard that these races
have raised nearly 2 million dollars for our charities the Autism Society
of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny School. What you may not have heard that as
of last year we added a race weekend at BeaveRun. www.beaverun.com  This is
a brand new track that is both fun and challenging. For the novice it
offers wide tracks, plenty of run off room everywhere and from the timing
tower you can view just about everything as you learn where to turn in or
not. For the more experienced of us you will find that this seemingly
simple track has many little deceptions that will challenge you to the max.
Yet no matter what your driving skills this is one of the safest tracks you
will ever drive.
  This year the VSCCA www.vscca.org  has teemed up with the VRG
http://vrgonline.org/main.html to offer 6 classes of racing. Within those 6
classes there is a home for just about every type of race car built through
1972.
  For more info please go to www.cloverleaf-auto.com and click on the
vintage racing link. Follow the links for more info on the PVGPA events
  Thanks
Ralph Steinberg
PVGPA BeaveRun Race Director