RE: ENGINE RUN ON

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: ENGINE RUN ON
From: "James Richards" <jmr407@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:57:48 -0500
Greetings list.

Currently I own a 69/1600 daily driver that is a lot of fun to drive,
the drive train in this car is strong and body is fair. The P.O.
performed some creative bodywork.   I have found a 1970 1600 sitting in
a barn out of the weather since 1988.  The body is rust free and I am
thinking of purchasing this roadster and swapping dive train from the
69/1600.
I am still a newbie when it comes to the differences Datsun made between
manufacturing years.  At first look the only difference I have noticed
from the 69 & 70 models are the tail light location differences and the
side markers are rectangular rather than teardrop.  Are there any other
differences between the two years?  Also why are the 70's model year not
mentioned on this list as much as the 69 and 67.5 years.
Is the 70's model less desirable than the earlier models?

James Richards
jmr407@mindspring.com