Taking my car apart

To: "Datsun roadsters" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Taking my car apart
From: "chris bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:28:30 -0500
Hey LIst, Well after running the crap out of my car the last 5 years I'm
finally gonna do some work to it. The starter went out and it went downhill
from there. The flywheel teeth are chewed up and it is leaking oil. I'm gonna
take the motor out tomorrow, only the trans left to unbolt. and freshen up the
gaskets, hoses, belt,water pump ect. and tidy it up some under the hood. I
have a 5 speed in it now that I cant run a speedo cable to so I am putting one
in I aquired from Keith Heige that has the speedo hook up sticking out the
side of the tranny instead of straight up to the floorboard. I bought some
break lines for the front and a shifter plate off ebay today. I will probably
be putting in a order at one of the roadster venders here in the next few
days. I'm also considering quieting the damn thing down,- maybe? any
suggestions on a cheap muffler will be greatfull.
I have been building my own house for the past 8 months. I moved in in Nov and
now have time for roadstering again. I have a nice big garage now to work in.
Although I have filled it up with nissans I have a 70 510, 67.5 1600 and a
90zx in a large 2 car garage. I think if I tried really hard I could get a
early z car in there too. My goal is to have my car back together by Atlanta,
should be no problem.
I guess I will close for now. I will probably be posting for some advice or
parts soon. See Ya Chris Bond