Real world dyno

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Real world dyno
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:13:12 EST
Hello all,

It would seem I have way too much time on my hands. Took the GPS receiver,
laptop computer, tailpipe sniffer and a couple other things and went out and
played around. Started by finding a fairly flat piece of road that I had to
myself. Did a few 85 MPH to real slow coasts to map out drag data. Then did
some
 third gear 20 MPH to 75 MPH foot to the floor acceleration runs. Tweaked on
the carbs and made some more runs. Came home and loaded it all into the Excel
 spread sheet program and beat on the numbers for a while. Calculating the
acceleration vs speed with the drag factored out produced some good plots. I
could tell that the carb adjustment made things better. Didn't bother to try to
 figure real HP numbers but it is very useful for comparisons while tuning.

keith williams