Re: volvo brake conversion

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: volvo brake conversion
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:40:09 -0600
Pete,

Yes, and no.

The crush washer will indeed take care of some difference between the
manifold block and the brake caliper, but some of the calipers have
quite a bit of difference in heights of the machining where the two
crush washers go. I have a caliper that has about 0.015" difference, a
distance much too great for crush washers. I will machine my caliper
before putting it on the car.

Peace,
Pat
67.5 1600