RE: Starting car after 14 year outdoor hibernation

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starting car after 14 year outdoor hibernation
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:30:36 -0800
The 311s.org website has a whole article on this. Check it out, and, if you
haven't done so already, register your new toy.

As for the gas tank, don't even think about using that old gas. Gas sitting
for over ten years is no longer gasoline. <g> You should be able to just
disconnect the gas line under the tank and let gravity work. Then take it to
a radiator shop to have the years of dirt and sludge boiled out. IIRC,
there's a protective coating (Kreem was the stuff we used in motorcycle gas
tanks back in the day) that you can add to the freshly cleaned tank to
permanently keep it from corroding on the inside.

Are we having fun yet?

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA