Re: Fw: Glove box kit

To: <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Glove box kit
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:33:59 -0800
Gerardo,

No, in response to your question: (>Let me guess, you are not going to sell
to him either because he endorsed >Dean?? Am I right??), that seems to be
the way you think and do things as exhibited by your message.  Why would I
do what you propose to someone that is a straight shooter?  You started all
this fuss about a request for pictures that wasn't met.  I don't understand
your reasoning.

I choose to deal or not deal with people based on their merits and demeanor
and perceived integrity.  Sometimes people just don't get along and are
better off avoiding each other.  You accused me of being angry in a recent
message but it seems that you are the angry one.  We can post my message
about picture requests and your reply message to the list or to a
retrievable location if you wish and then everyone will see that your
reasoning is questionable.

I attempted to avoid an individual that took it upon himself to openly
criticize me to the list due to the price of an item that I had posted to
the list for sale and also intimate that I was crooked in detailed text and
"buyer beware".  When confronted, his response was that "I didn't use you
name" so it was OK, but when someone used his first initial and the city he
was in, then he said that was bad because it could expose him for doing
things that some may perceive as improper.  That same individual
criticized, to the list, the price of a new item that a regular vendor had
posted on his website and then offered a used one on the list for about the
same price.  That same individual recently offered a repro item on ebay for
$450 buy it now and also offered the same items to a group of local people
at a coffee meeting for $175 as was witnessed by several people with
honesty and integrity.  When questioned, the individual denied that he said
$175 to one person and told another that the deal was only for one person.
Is that an honest up-front business style?  What is the real value of these
items?  That same individual offered a 1600 engine and trans for sale on
the list for about $1600 as "REBUILT" when in fact the engine only got
rings and a valve grind done by two or three owners back.  That same
individual attempted to incite the people on the roadster list against the
Mt Shasta Police Dept and took contact info from their website and posted
it to the list to get people to contact them, Mt Shasta PD, to stir things
up.  It seems that the same individual is working behind the scenes to stir
things up with people that are not involved in this personal situation,
based on a posting on 3/11/05 regarding vendors and others that sometimes
sell items and the shunning of people that endorse businesses or products.
All of these things could be verified while NO name was mentioned so that
the individual can remain anonymous.

Would you want to deal with the type of individual that was described in
the preceding paragraph?

Gerardo I hope that your question was adequately answered and that you will
now consider how to interact with people that don't always care for your
style.

Stan