SRL311-0050 for sale

To: Datsun Forum <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SRL311-0050 for sale
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:39:58 -0700
I have had enough interest that I think it worthwhile to post some
details here so all may see equally; I live in the Phoenix area.

Here is the story;
I bought #50 locally from a deputy that had started resto work by having
the motor completely redone by a local  professional shop using all new
Nissan parts. He actually had 3 cars but lost his storage space. I only
got 50 by buying all 3 of course. The car had sat in an irrigated field
for who knows how long and the frame was so soft you couldn't pick it up
without putting a hole through it. I did save the serial number by
carefully cutting it from the frame and it is in good shape. I also have
the firewall tag and all the numbers match including the motor. I is a
solex motor and had old style on it. My intention was to save it by
transplanting all the necessary stuff to the 67 1/2 also for sale. So,
it has the motor, tranny, redone and coated manifold, and some other
parts such as speedo and tach to go with as well as headrests.
I am asking 6500 for the 1600 with a 68 rebuilt and balanced 2L with 5
speed and the parts listed above to recreate # 50 by welding in the
plate to the frame. I don't have a problem with doing that as the master
restorers do it all the time. Of coarse you probably don't need the
donor car so I will take 4800 for the #50 stuff. That's a bargain as I
have over 3K in the motor alone. The donor car is decent enough we drove
it to Shasta a few times and only stopped driving it when it developed a
rear main leak. I had other fun cars to drive so fixing it wasn't a
priority. Buyer arranges and pays for shipping

Ron Hamilton

PS--- this also includes a new in the box factory windshield if you buy
everything at once and NO the donor car is not for sale by itself :-)