Roadster Jealous, New 510 in the house

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Jealous, New 510 in the house
From: "chris bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:06:26 -0400
Hey List, I bought a killer 510 about a month ago, it has everything I ever
dreamed about the perfect 510 for me. It has the bubble flares, rare 13x7 Enki
rims, Huge sway bars, coil over struts, SCCA roll bar, 5 point harness,
factory tach, Steel braded brake lines, two tone paint, silver on top, black
on bottom, all new rubber around all windows, no rust . I have had a 510 in
the garage for a year or two that needed alot of work on the body, but run
great, I pulled the 1800 SSS and 5 speed out, swapped all the wiring in the
hole car. Bought some Honda Del sol seats from Mike Faggert, Siver and Black
cloth, What a coincidense, Thanks Mike. Put all my nice crome and JDM gfrill
on the car, I got it running today. Man does it drive great.
Anyhoo, I have been neglecting the roadster, I borrowed the Fuel regulater for
the 510, i BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND INSTALLED IT BACK ON the ROADSTER,  I drove
the roadster over to my dads barn, covered it up to make room at home to
finish up the 510. It spent a week in the barn  Last weekend We decided to go
get the car about 11 Sat night to cool off. Uncovered it, drove for a while
and started smelling gas. One of the connections was leaking on the regulator,
headed to walmart, plumbers tape and some tools, got the goods, fixed the
leak, she wouldn't start, no fire. I checked all the obvious things and
couldnt get it to go.                                I had to call a friend,
get my truck, trailer and go get her. Needless to say I got home about 2 30
am. She has never left me stranded in  my 8 years of roadstering . Trips to
the beach, Indiana, Atlanta, Bristol so on and so on. I think the electronic
ignition went out or coil went bad. The first thing that came to mind was the
roadster was  upset with me.   Just thought of sharing my thoughts with you,
Be good, Drive hard, Chris