Re: question on putting a 5 speed in a 69 1600

To: MillenG@aol.com, pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu, slowboy@cox.net
Subject: Re: question on putting a 5 speed in a 69 1600
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:41:55 -0700 (PDT)
Glen,

Make sure you use a  5 speed t/o bearing sleeve when making the change over as
well as the 5-speed clutch fork. Some try to use the 4-speed sleeve and the
clutch fork from the 4-speed tranny in the 5-speed. Not all 5 speeds that
people have or sell come with these items.
  Also I believe that the rear engine plate is thinner on the R-motor and we
always swapped over to the thicker 2000 plate to keep the spacing correct just
in case.
   If the 5 speed tranny does not have a tran mount on it simply drill out the
old holes in the 4-speed tran mount to .512.
You may also wish to change the speedometer cable as well it is a bit longer.

Dean

MillenG@aol.com wrote:
Does anyone have expedience or know if a 5 speed transmission can be put in
a 69 1600?
Thanks,
Glen Millen
69, 1600