Roadster - Free Tires!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster - Free Tires!
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:24:10 -0700
Hello List!

I have a pair of Yokohama EVS 100 tires size 205-60R15 that I can no longer
use so I am giving them away to anyone on the list who wants them.  You pay
for shipping or you can pick them up from my house in Tustin, CA.  I used
these tires successfully as rear tires on Panasport rims on my car back when
I had the stock Datsun rear axle and rear springs.  I am still using the
stock rear springs but now have a larger diameter Ford 8.8 rear axle which
has resulted in my car being slightly lowered.  So now, these tires rub
slightly on the fenders.  Thus, I had to switch to 205-50R15's in the back,
which is what I have been running in the front all along.  These tires are
amazing!  They make the car ride on rails.  I have some photos on my website
(www.unnfair.com <http://www.unnfair.com/> ) that show what the car looked
like with these tires. Click on the "First mods" page.  The slightly larger
tires in back looked real baaad! It gave the car an aggressive look and a
very slight rake, which is what you need with stock springs because most
roadsters sit too high in front!  The tires have less than 1000 miles on
them.  The abrasion from the rubbing is not that bad and will not be visible
at all as long as you mount the tires on the rims such that the abraded
sides are on the inside.  I cannot guarantee these will not rub on your car.
Datsun Roadsters are notorious for having rear axles slightly out of center
and/or bodies mounted slightly off center.  All I can tell you is that they
did not rub when my car had the stock rear springs and axle.  Whoever
responds first who will pick them up locally get them.  If no one responds
desiring local pickup, then the first one who responds who needs them
shipped gets them.

Eric Hankinson

1969 2000

302 V8