SoCalROC Wilson Run Photos

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SoCalROC Wilson Run Photos
From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
Here's my photos.
We started out at "Base Camp", just off the freeway at Angeles Crest Highway. I
was happy to find 8 roadsters ready for action.
http://images9.fotki.com/v171/photos/4/42214/2460626/Wilsonstaging-vi.jpg?500375
Me and Steve led the way up, at a good clip to the first stop, the parking lot
at the base of the observatory road.
http://images10.fotki.com/v201/photos/4/42214/2460626/Wilsonstop1-vi.jpg?500375
After that, Steve's "racing lightweight" chased me on a kooky ride up to the
observatory peak, where we parked on the edge of the world. This is also where
we met our BMW Bretheren (they loved our cars)
http://images10.fotki.com/v201/photos/4/42214/2460626/Wilsonattheedge-vi.jpg?500375
On the way down, I pushed it a bit and lost my brakes, boiling the fluid yikes!
A quick bleed, and we're off again on another "spirited" jaunt, after passing a
Miata or two, to the lunch stop at Newcombs Ranch
http://images10.fotki.com/v200/photos/4/42214/2460626/Wilsoneatsparkinglot-vi.jpg?500375
We got a treat to find a classic plastic sports car there
http://images10.fotki.com/v200/photos/4/42214/2460626/SaabSonnetIII-vi.jpg?500375
And, of course the bikes
http://images9.fotki.com/v189/photos/4/42214/2460626/WilsonBikesatNewcombs-vi.jpg?500375
Then it was time for the eats
http://images9.fotki.com/v189/photos/4/42214/2460626/WilsonLetseat-vi.jpg?500375
We talked of more rides soon and getting together for some of the shows. Sounds
good to me!
If you care to see the full res photos, go to
http://public.fotki.com/DatsunVic/socalroc_mt_wilson/ and leave a feedback as a
bump!