She's ALIVE!! ... again!

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: She's ALIVE!! ... again!
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:38:43 -0500
I am very happy to report that my good ole '70 2000 is once more back on the
road!   Friday morning I checked out the freshly welded 5th gear, then gave it
to the tranny shop who had the tranny put back together in about 3 hours (not
bad for a busy shop!).   I took a "sick" day (darn that roadsteritis anyway!!)
and got everything reaasembled by 9:30 last night.   She breathed again at
9:31pm and was out on a test drive at 9:45...:)    Man did that feel great to
have a roadster again!!   Now to tweak out the carbs today and work on
installing some speakers for the "new" radio that I mounted up under the
drivers side dash!  :)  You should see this mount I built for that!  :)  It
was a good roadster day!

Incidentally, all you with the 5 speeds out there...  get those gears welded!
If you don't know what to look for, ASK!   I assumed that I knew what I was
looking for and saw some splines... I was wrong!!    I had the
pressed-together version with 2 mainshaft nuts to hold it together.  I think
it was a sign from God that the mainshaft nuts came loose and everything
pretty much fell apart... they found the pressed 5th gear had separated into
the two pieces!    Truly a higher power telling me to get the thing fixed
correctly, right??  :)

I hope all of you have a great roadster day as well!   Share your stories!
They are definately inspirational!!

Eric