RE: Starter not engaging

To: <dcorbitt77@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starter not engaging
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:41:14 -0700
First off if you are reading 12.5V at the batt that batt is not fully
charged.  A really fully charged batt reads more like 13.4V.  It could be
your starter solenoid is stuck also?
This would happen to me intermittently and I just carried a hammer and jack
handle in the trunk.  A few taps on the solenoid and I was usually good to
go.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000

$
$On Saturday I took my '69 2000 for a spin, ran fine. Sunday morning, I
wanted to go
$for another spin and no joy. Battery is fully charged (12.53 volts),
electric fuel pump
$chugging away when the key is ON. When I turn the key to START, the fuel
pump
$shuts off and nothing happens. Battery voltage remains at 12.53. Anyone
have some
$helpful advice on this? I suspect I'll be inspecting the ignition switch
tonight or the
$wiring to the starter relay.
$
$Thanks