more 5th gear questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: more 5th gear questions
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:17:36 -0700 (PDT)
About the 5th gear nut being welded on: if this was not done at the factory how
did it stay on?  I just had a chat with my mechanic who insists pressing on is
fine.  However I must say I doubt he knows these transmissions specifically
(and that there are two types) depsite that fact that he's a former Nissan
dealership tech.

Any opinions are thankfully appreciated.

Eric

Yahoo! for Good