Re: Voltage too high

To: DCorbitt77@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Voltage too high
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:06:55 EDT
One of the wires in the harness between the alternator and the voltage
regulator is a sense wire. If it does not make good contact the voltage
regulator
will tell the alternator to run wide open. Make sure all the plug  connections
are clean and none of the wires are broken. You will burn out light  bulbs
and cook the battery in short order. I had one like this and it turned out  to
be a crusty connector.

keith

In a message dated 10/4/2005 6:57:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,