Amplifier Mounting

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Amplifier Mounting
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:18:30 -0400
Thought I'd ask for some brain storming before I yanked out the MIG.

I decided on the Alpine MRV-F545 for the power amplifier and found that the
compartment wall in the trunk is the only place for me to put this thing. I was
thinking about welding brackets to mount it on. The welding part came about
because once the trim is glued in place I won't be getting a screw driver in
there.

So, what do you all think about how to mount this thing?

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=MRV-F545&p_category=40&p_subcategory=105&p_main=10

Even though I purchased a wired remote for the head unit it is starting to look
like I may have to make a face plate as Fred Katz did for use in the 66
console.

Any suggestions for cutting the square holes in the metal?

Thanks!