RE: U20/5speed complete drivetrain for sale

To: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: U20/5speed complete drivetrain for sale
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:41:27 -0700
Pete> Damn, that's a crusty-looking U20 in a low-windshield 1600.

Alvin> Here's some pics of the U20.
>  "It is complete as shown.Dist,carbs and transmission ...
>  It won't turn over with a breaker bar.
>  It may have been sitting a while.
>  Haven't tried oil in the cyl yet."
> http://community.webshots.com/user/alving028

That's the darndest looking Roadster body I've ever seen :-)
The hood pivots from in front of the windshield, and has a
strut bar remarkably like a 510 (though it's not a 510 - it's
earlier than that, with a single-master).

Is that for-sure a U-series engine, or is it an L block? Isn't
that a heater hose that connects near the thermostat housing
on the right side?...

And the lack of spark plugs causes me to speculate that there
may be small furry creatures living in the bores :-)

-- John