RE: Roadster in the movies?!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roadster in the movies?!
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:20:27 -0700
Since I remembered this car while I was sitting at the computer I did some
searching and found that the Stutz people are active and loyal to their cars
much like we are to our Datsun roadsters.

I sent the webmaster of what appeared to be a very knowledgeable page the
information I had on this car.  Most of what I told him was new to him.
Very little information is available anywhere.  The one in the photograph
linked below is the car I looked at, and the only one built in this design.
It is technically called a Stutz D'Italia.  I found a link to a news report
about the introduction indicating that the exact year was 1977.

According the reply I got back from the person I sent the information to the
car was eventually painted black and sold to Wayne Newton.  Stutz cars of
this era are apparently highly modified Pontiacs.  When the designers
removed the top they neglected to re-engineer the bottom side, which created
problems with body flex and doors closing improperly.  Knowing that now I am
very happy my employer did not spend the hundred grand for this car.

Tom