RE: Plastic part thingy's

To: "Stan" <stathy@shaw.ca>, <DAtsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Plastic part thingy's
From: "Eric Gillis" <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:46:24 -0700
Stan-

I have a 69 1600 that had bad 70's redone pieces in the window trim,  I bought
a set of hydroforms (or whatever process is used) from Dean, and put them in
2004.  I didn't glue them in at all, instead they are held in by the door
weatherstripping (aftermarket much cheaper and better quality), the window
gasket, and the convertable top latches/rearvierw mirror.  No glue needed, and
can remove and work on bits as neccessary.  I did have to trim and fit to get
the corners to overlap, but is hidden by the gasket(s)  I also used a heat gun
to 'coax' the lower portions to be aligned better with my dash/overlay.  The
result is incredible and well worth the time (very little) and expense
(reasonable).  It is a nice piece that, when properly installed, can look
original and even not plastic, except when viewed close up (6 inches) No
sagging a-pillars, yeah!

Eric Gillis
off to Japan as well for sr/sp 30th event.  Woo-hoo!