Thank you and a steering wheel question.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank you and a steering wheel question.
From: "Matthew Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:51:10 -0400
Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions on how to free my steering
lock. Silly thing just let loose after I rocked the car back and forth,
jiggled the key, wiggled the steering wheel, and got the right wiggles in
the right combination of up/down, right/left, back/forth and in/out. I'll
look into it again later so it never happens again.

My Lil Girl Loreli, is still a no go on the back roads of South Central TN
or North Eastern GA. Let me just say that Hamilton County TN is NUTS when it
comes to getting a drivers license without having one from another state.

Loreli has mostly only been across the street to get gas once and about 2
miles around the corner for a set of new shoes (Goodyear Eagle F1's in size
195/50/15 which fit her amazingly well). I've already heard 4 times "Hey,
What kinda car is that?"

One guy visiting someone at my apartment complex came up and we spoke for a
while. He has a 67.5 1600 which he's been working on. It seems that Lorili
has sparked his interest in his roadster. He's not the one who dismantled
his car, so he's looking for a working model on how to put it back together!

Time for the questions.  I want to replace the steering wheel. Till I lose
some weight anyway. I would like to put a removable steering wheel, somewhat
smaller than original, with a flat, or flatter, aspect. A MOMO 320 mm Momo
Race wheel is my current favorite. Can anyone tell me what parts I need to
make this work. and make it quick release?? This will make it easier to get
in and out of my lil car, and also add a little security. You see, the locks
don't work and it's got a soft top. A lack of steering wheel will make the
car less easy to steal.

Looking forward to responses.

Matthew A. Smith