they all work... sorta

To: <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: they all work... sorta
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:06:02 +0000
www.superbrightleds.com
was what I used in a 2002.  I bought 2 of each 'style' and compared them....

frankly, there's very little difference.  The more expensive version was a
little brighter (but not much) and the ones with side- firing LEDs filled the
housing a little better.

About the only advantage seems to be that they 'snap' on and get your attention
a bit better than a regular bulb that 'fades' in...

Something I haven't finished yet- drill a bunch of holes in a housing, and
supplement the incandescent bulb with a dozen or so high brightness lamps.
More light in a broader spectrum, plus the 'snap' to get your attention.  But
it involves perforating the housings...

fwiw,

Toby