battery cable question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery cable question
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:01:46 -0500
I'm getting pretty close to getting the yellow 67.5 1600 I bought in
Colorado last year back together with a 2L 5spd conversion. was looking at
the battery location today and observed that the positive cable had a second
cable spliced in at the clamp... one of the two goes to the starter, as I'd
expect. the other is grounded to the frame. WHAT???  I don't have a cable in
the car for the negative post on the battery, disassembled it about a year
ago.... wonder where that one attached to. there is a switch wired in the
console to kick the starter. non-original key switch will turn it on
electrically but not kick the starter. any ideas anybody? I have no clue on
this one. somehow changed to positive ground system? thanks in advance for
any help.

Craig
mostly roadsters