Charging problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Charging problems
From: "Joe and Kristen Grieser" <jkfroggie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:00:12 -0800
Hello,

I took my '68 1600 out for a spin last night after letting it sit in the
garage for 3 weeks.  Understandably, the battery was dead and I had to jump
start it, but after running it for about 15 minutes, shutting it off for
about 10 minutes, the car did not have enough juice to start.  I also
noticed that the headlights and markers would dim significantly when I
turned on the blinkers.

I am guessing that I may have a problem with my alternator or voltage
regulator.  Any suggestions on how to test it or other theories as to what
could be wrong?  Is the lack of a charge a sign of an iffy battery?

-Joe

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!