Re: front yellow lights

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: front yellow lights
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:24:06 -0600
Oliver,

The lens doesn't come out from the ring, If I remember correctly, the
ring is not chromed, but stainless steel, like the side molding. I made
the mistake of taking the lenses out of a set so I could polish the
rings. When I got ready to buy replacement lenses I found that they only
come with the rings! If you want to polish the rings, try it with the
lens still in them, otherwise, just buy new ones, they will probably
cost less to buy new rather than have the old ones cleaned up --- and
they come with new lenses installed!

Peace,
Pat

oliver wrote:

>is it possible to separate the front, yellow lenses from their chrome
>surround so i can get them rechromed?  or do i have to break the plastic and
>buy new?

-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --