1964 SPL - FREE (Irvine, CA)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1964 SPL - FREE (Irvine, CA)
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 07:13:11 -0700
Good Morning List:

Well after having this car for 9 months and hemming and hawing and stewing
and ruminating and most of all OBSESSING, I have finally made the decision
that this car MUST GO.  With my busy schedule, one roadster is all I can
handle.  If I go and "save" this car, I am going to ruin my marriage.

So here is the conditional offer:  I will give this car away to anyone out
there who I KNOW on the list as long as they PROMISE me they won't part it
out.  I was considering parting out the car, but the 1964's are so rare that
I just don't have the heart to do it.  And paradoxically, the unique 1964
parts don't sell for much because the market is so small.  Ask Gerardo, he
recently purchased several 1964 body panels on EBay for about the price of a
six pack.  I just bought a trunk lid with the handle/lock for only $10 on
EBay last week.

What does the car need?  A LOT.  It has a mostly dismantled R motor, 4-speed
trans and the rear diff is frozen. Basically, this car is PRIME for a
guilt-free engine swap. Here is what it has: dash, gauges, front bumper
(good shape), rear bumper (but needs major straightening and rechroming),
headlights (but no chrome bezels), parking lights (but no lenses),
windshield and frame, wipers, all door glass and regulators, all door
hardware except locks, and pedals.  There is not much rust on the car with
the exception of the bottom of the front fenders, which need patching.  The
rear fenders have HUGE flares which you will want to either rework are
remove.  There are other various dings and small dents on the car, but
nothing major.  You will need new rear taillights.  I got a fantastic deal
on four taillights and 2 chrome headlight bezels and I will sell these to
the new owner for what I paid for them.  I have no title for the car.  No
seats, no grill, no radiator.

If you are interested, please contact me off list.

Sincerely,

Eric Hankinson

1969 2000

302 V8