Re: Solex vs Weber

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solex vs Weber
From: "Marcus A. Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
To answer your last question first, yes Mikuni built Solexes. PPH denotes
a two barrel carb with a diaphram type pump. I am not sure what DCOE means
in Italian, but it denotes a two barrel sidedraft carb. The main
differences between the two is the aforementioned diaphram pump in the
Solex vs a conventional style in the weber. The Solex is more streetable
mainly due to its inner venturi shape. This, however, means that it
doesn't flow as well as a Weber.

Marcus A. Pryor
For a new age of reason