I'm going the thicker copper head gasket route.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm going the thicker copper head gasket route.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:45:31 -0700
   Just got off the phone with Dean and I got a .125" thick copper gasket.
With this thickness my cam will be .005" farther away than stock and my CR
should go down to an almost stock 9.1 The gasket wasn't cheap at $188 bucks
but I figure that its my best shot at getting this engine running again
without buying a new head.

  You know I really don't have any idea what a 'new' head would run me, can
anyone give me an idea of what that would cost?  I mean, I know what a good
set of solex carbs go for but I have no idea what a 'good' head goes for.

  I will have to anneal myself and play very close attention to the install.
I will report back about how it's working afterwards.  Hopefully this can
become a viable option for folks who have severely cut heads.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000