Back up.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back up.
From: "Marcus Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
My email server has been down for the last couple of days, and I just now
got it fixed.

I wanted to discuss the miss problem someone was having. He had diagnosed
it as elctrical. If I could add my two cents worth, I would suggest that
he make sure and run some tests to insure his engine was sound
mechanically before assuming the problems are electrical. I suspect jumped
cam timing just might be causing his problems.

Also, be sure and run both a compression test and leak-down test. They are
completely different in nature and should not be confused. A compression
test measures cranking pressure, not static pressure, and this is closely
related to cam timing (more overlap means less cranking compression). A
leak down test is a mechanical check of the pistons, rings, head gasket,
and valves.

I have many years experience (I am ASE certified in 6 areas) and know
enough to realize that a long distance diagnosis is useless. I used to
tell my mechanics that most carburetor problems are electrical, and most
electrical problems are carburetor related. Any way, you get the picture.

Marcus A. Pryor
For a new age of reason