gas floats

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: gas floats
From: "James 'Pat\" Patterson" <pat5812@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:38:58 -0700
When I lived  in San Diego on my way to work I smelled gas and stopped and
looked under the hood  and saw gas running out of the rear carb on to the
hot exhaust manifold.  Pulled the float  top off and  found the rear float
full of gas.  At 5 am there is not many places open so I found a nail and
punched a hole in the top on the float.  Dumped out the gas and covered the
hole with tape,  it got me home. Got some new  plastic floats and put them
in. That was 20 years ago and have had no trouble since then.  My brothers
loss two brass floats in the last 4 weeks.He is going to get some  plastic
floats soon.
Pat
1965 1500
Portland or