Re: Californication of the best carb cleaner

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Californication of the best carb cleaner
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:40:00 -0500
Hey Keith, and list,
I tried some carb cleaner from Advance Auto Parts (Parts America/Western
Auto) and had a similar result. It seemed to clean okay, but after
evaporating, the carbs and other cleaned components had an oily film left on
it. What's the purpose of a cleaner that leaves oil just to attract more
dirt? Walmart, here in Kansas City, has a brand called Super Tech carb
cleaner that's 97 cents a can and works very well with no residue. They also
have an engine cleaner by the same brand.
Mike Hudson  '67-1600