fender mounting

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fender mounting
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:25:33 -0700
Ok boys and girls, progress has been made!  After waiting for my painter
friend to free up some time in his shop.  I decided to jamb stuff out
and get on with it.  So, this morning, I painted the back of the front
fenders, hood, deck lid and door jambs!  Later this week, I 'll tackle
the engine compartment, and rear fender wells.  Then, I'll put the body
back on the frame and roll it outside to do the trunk and cockpit.  I'll
let you know when new pics are up on the website.  Finally to my
question.  When mounting the front fenders, does just the fender washer
go on top with the screw and a lockwasher and nut on the bottom?  Also,
I had the door hinges zinced again and I'm considering not painting
them.  Did Roadsters come with painted door hinges?  And finally.  For
any Z guys out there.  I need to know the metric thread size for a
Z31clutch slave cylinder.  I need to adapt that to the standard Roadster
flex hose or go have a custom one made.  Again, thanks always for any
assistance.  Man my garage is hot!!

Gary Tew
Peoria, AZ
early '67 1600 (VG30)