ARP torque... ah, not

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: ARP torque... ah, not
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 05:21:23 GMT
Well, I discovered today that perhaps 80lbs was a bit too much... yep, broke a
head stud.  Kinda surprised me cause I got on the net last night, and while I
did not find any U20 specs, did find others for ARP head bolts and 80lbs was
conservative, even oiled.  Maybe it was the left over synthetic oil on the
threads, as all I did was wipe the block holes out (?).  Anyway, gotta buy new
ones now, cause I don't trust the old ones!  Grrrrrrr!  Am I gonna be able to
drive the beast this summer!?
I attached a pic of my other project that is nearing completion, though I do
not know if the list will allow pics or not.  If so, this is my friend Tom's
car, done on a real shoe-string budget.  She came out great.  Yes, that is a
$300 paint job! (plus a whole hell of a lot of free labor from me).  This is
the first Roadster that I am truly jealous of.
Greg Burrows

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]