Re: Bumpers re-visited: Another guy in Richmond

To: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Bumpers re-visited: Another guy in Richmond
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:28:13 -0500
I have used Hanlon plating and they have done such a lousy job I would never
consider having any work done there again. I would not have left the last
batch if I'd opened up the ones I was picking up and took a look at them
first. they chewed a piece out of the upper lip on a 67.5 rear bumper,
didn't take out the couple small dents on my NOS in the first place 1500
wheelcovers that were the only reason I brought them there in the first
place... one headlight bezel I got back had 3 new holes up above the hole on
the side for the mounting screw... other headlight bezels they didn't prep
properly and just tried to put the chrome on heavy over a bunch of pits and
didn't even work the small dings around the front edges...I literally almost
cried when I opened up all the stuff I got back from them. there were a few
good pieces, but they were good in the first place with only minor
flaws...the guy I met in Richmond at a classic car shop told me they use
someone down in Chesapeake... Jim, any ideas who that could be?

Craig